Saturday, March 8, 2014

Berlin

Brandenburg Gate

Elise and I made the 2 hour plane journey to Berlin last weekend.  It was a trip back in time for me as, when I was a youngster, I visited the wall with my father and snapped a photo in front of the division between East and West Berlin.  I'm hoping to get my hands on the photo of me as a child in front of the wall.  I will post it here if it ever turns up.

The history of Berlin is eyeopening.  From Nazi Germany through communist rule up to the modern day, Berlin retains a history that continually overcomes conflict.  The stories about the Death Strip and the Nazi Gestapo send a chill down any human's spine.  Today, Berlin is a city that is known for its nightlife and diversity.

The images below were all taken with natural light.  The image of Berliner Dom is an HDR shot that was tweaked in Photoshop while the others underwent minor adjustments in Lightroom.  Enjoy!

Hole in the Berlin Wall revealing a Bear in what was communist Germany


Berliner Dom

Brandenburg Gate

No comments: