Sunday, January 12, 2014

Huion H610 Pro Drawing Tablet


Huge apologies to everyone out there who reads this.  I've been absent for quite some time.  The holiday season, work and a newborn have been occupying most of my time lately.  The good news is that I'm finally back on the horse and I'm taking photos again.  I know it sounds materialistic and it goes against everything that every photographer would tell you, but I received some new gear over the holidays that has helped to inspire me to take my photo editing to the next level.

Recently I've been looking into the Wacom tablet and considering purchasing one of their higher end models for my photo editing.  The allure of using a pen to edit (as apposed to a mouse) seemed to be quite attractive.  I found using the mouse restrictive and not very exact.  To make a very long story short, I ended up researching alternatives to the Wacom tablets due to their price.  I ended up finding the Huion series of tablets.  Since these tablets were only 1/5 the price of the Wacom I concluded that I really had nothing to lose by purchasing one and trying it out.  Now it has only been a few days, but I have to admit that I am loving it.  It installed quickly and easily and it has taken my editing to a completely new level.  It does take a little getting use to, but I think considering the price, it was completely worth it.

Today, I'm off to take some head-shots that I can hopefully practice editing with the tablet.  I'll post them in a upcoming blog entry.  For now, the image above was drawn with the tablet and I thought it might be of interest to anyone photo-editing or into digital art.  Also, I've found that there is very little information on this tablet so I thought that I might continue reviewing it here as I use it and discover new features.  Stay tuned and thanks for reading!

No comments: