Saturday, January 26, 2013

Beloslava at SLC



From talking to the promoter, Beloslava is a private individual who makes few public appearances and plays fewer shows.  When we were asked if Elise and I wanted to come to one of her concerts we jumped on the opportunity.  Her smooth sound was a perfect accompaniment to her welcoming yet aloof stage presence.  Knowing glances and deep smiles gave the audience reason to enjoy the pleasure she derived from her art.  It is always exciting to see artists that enjoys what they do.  The video below is an example of one of her past pieces of work.


The photos of this event were taken using cross lighting.  I used my typical cross lighting setup by snooting one speedlight (stage left) and gridding the other (stage right) so that the light would not spill onto the background of the stage.  The speedlights were set to ETTL and I used a combination of the 70-200mm f4.0L and the 24-70mm f2.8L II along with the new 5D Mark III.  I limited my post production this time to simple exposure and contrast adjustments. Enjoy the photos!




No comments: