Sunday, August 26, 2012

Katia's Birthday




As people that follow this blog know, yesterday was a special day for the De Coster family.  Katia celebrated her 2nd birthday at the Lozenets Restaurant among a large group of close friends and family.  Katia has sprouted over the past few months and everyone was surprised to see how much she has grown.  For those that do not follow this blog, Katia is a very special child who was adopted by the De Coster family.  Both Katia and the family were lucky to find each other and I think many people would agree that both of them are lucky to have found each other.

This shoot provided some unique challenges.  There were many erratic moving subjects, low light and objects moving between the subject and the camera.  The low light situation was solved by employing two different strategies.  First, I took a look at the light filter through the trees and then positioned myself with the sun at a 45 degree angle over the back of my left shoulder.  This gave me a stop or two more of light and also help give me achieve a slightly higher shutter speed (in order to freeze the motion).  Secondly, I boosted  my ISO to 1600 and dealt with the noise in post.  The issue of moving subjects and objects moving between camera and subject was solved by using AI servo focus mode.  All photos were taken with available light.  Wide angles were taken with the 17-40mm at 4.0 and the 3/4 shots were taken with the 70-200mm at 4.0 at various focal lengths.  All images were then corrected in Lightroom.  Hope you enjoy!

  




  





No comments: