Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Made in Home



After reading a blog entry about giving your self assignments, I decided to try my hand at food photography for a second time.  During this attempt I went down to a restaurant called Made in Home near NDK (see location map for details and this is their Facebook link).  Although I enjoyed the photography, I enjoyed the food even more.  The highlight was the Quinoa Salad with nuts and berries, splashed with a topping of arugula.  The toasted almonds added the perfect touch of flavor to an amazing meal.  The best part about the meal was that I walked away feeling healthy and satisfied.  I can wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Sofia.  It is simply amazing with friendly staff and delicious food.

  


The photos in this post were taken with an off camera flash placed behind the dish and reflectors placed to each side in order to catch some of the light and fill in the shadows.  The flash was set on 1/32 power at about 1.5 meters and the camera was operated in manual with a 60mm macro lens at f2.8.  In order to get the candle light, I had to slow the shutter speed down to 1/4 of a second and then expose the dish with the flash.  Considering this was all done hand held I think it turned out quite well!

No comments: