Wednesday, September 14, 2011

In over my head again ...

T.S. Elliot once said "If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall your are?"  The upcoming weekend could turn out to be my most recent measuring stick.  Rafting, caving and rock climbing are on the menu as I head into the Bulgarian wilderness under the careful eye of one of my colleagues. My job will be to take photos of the group that I will be joining.  Taking a camera on trip like this one will be a completely new experience for me.  With my dry-bag in tow, I will be attempting to capture images of this group as they are guided through the rivers, caves and mountains of the beautiful Bulgarian countryside.  Taking pictures is one challenge, but keeping up with the group could turn out to be a completely different one.  The only hurtle that lays ahead is securing a car to transport me there (we managed to sell our car - Yeah!)  Cross your fingers for me and remain hopeful about the transportation.  This could result in some amazing images ... or bomb wildly.  I love it!

You can view a video HERE and an explanation of the program HERE

No comments: