Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Privacy in public places


So, I was perusing the Strobist website today and noticed a commentary on this YouTube video.  I agree with the artist that taking photos in public places is completely legitimate, but I question his statements about making money off of the photographs.  Whether he was convicted or not, I don't think I can agree with using images of people for income without their permission.  Check it out.

However unethical I feel that this practice might be, I have to admit, it made me think about setting up the same scenario in Bulgarian parks.  Early morning images of people using the parks to get to work could look fantastic.  The idea is percolating slowly.  As it does, I can sense a strange addiction to Bulgarian parks developing deep in my soul.

No comments: